Wednesday, March 13, 2013

New trend - Online shopping

Online shopping is growing here in India and is starting to become a new trend especially in younger generation. There are many websites like flipkart, ebay, olx, yebhi.

Many of my friends and colleague are using online shopping regularly in last one year. Mostly they buy books, cloths or shoes. One of my friend even bought Samsung mobile online.

These shopping websites carry out regular offers and deals to increase sale. They send you regular email updates of new offers. These offers are the main source of purchase among my friends. There is cash on delivery option available.

I have also used online shopping few months back (on 19th Aug 2012) to buy thermometer on ebay. The seller was techguru india. I got order confirmation mail immediately with seller details from ebay (PaisaPay which is ebay's payment service). 2 days later (21 Aug 2012), I got email that Seller has shipped my order and next day (22 Aug 2012) i received my order by Courier. Everything was smooth and i like this online shopping process.

Flipkart is most popular shopping site among the people i know and most of them shop on flipkart.
I have also used Flipkart for purchasing books. Check image of Order confirmation once you complete your payment.


There is some background why I like this growing trend of online shopping.
When I started my career in IT, I joined an e-commerce company (Avenues India Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai) as a fresher. They are one of the largest payment gateway in India providing payment facility to many websites.

We must take care of few things while shopping online.
1. Always check whether payment site is secure or not (https).
2. Always buy on well known website.
3. Check website address while entering your bank or credit card details.

No comments: